Fettuccine with Fennel Shrimp and PeasFrom watson2167 8 years ago
- 6 ounces dried spinach fettuccine, plain fettuccine, or linguine pasta shopping list
- 1/2 of a small fennel bulb shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and bias cut shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion shopping list
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented, and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return pasta to pan.
- Trim fennel, reserving enough of the green fronds to make 3 tablespoons when snipped; set aside. Thinly slice fennel bulb half and the first 2 inches of stalks. Discard the remaining stalks. Stir together the chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Cook shrimp and sliced fennel in hot oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through; add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Add wine; simmer mixture until liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- Add broth mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove pan from heat; stir in pea pods and green onion.
- Toss shrimp mixture with pasta and orange pieces. Arrange on individual pasta plates. Sprinkle with reserved snipped fennel fronds.