Wild Leek Creamy Potato SoupFrom eyecook 8 years ago
- 2 large handfulls of wild leeks (leaves and bulbs) shopping list
- 9 medium sized yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- 2 TBSP butter shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- dash pepper shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 TBSP chicken soup base (like Better than Boullion) shopping list
- salt pork (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel potatoes and dice
- Melt butter in a 5 quart pot, add diced potatoes and a dash of salt and saute till lightly golden
- Add water and chicken soup base, simmer
- Wash and trim the leeks
- Using kitchen shears snip one handfull of the leeks into small pieces and add to the pot.
- Simmer till potatoes are tender.
- Blend half the soup in blender till creamy and thick. Add back into the pot.
- Add milk slowly. Heat till once again hot but not boiling.
- Snip the remaing leeks into the pot, do not boil, just keep warm.
- (you may find it easier to use a knife when you get to the bulbs)
- Optional: Dice salt pork into 1/4 inch pieces and fry till you get cracklings. Serve warm leek soup topped with the pork cracklings.