CHOCOLATE ORANGE CHEESE CAKEFrom vivian 7 years ago
- butter for greasing shopping list
- 1 large ready-made sponge flan case shopping list
- 3 tbsp orange liqueur shopping list
- 200g/7oz caster sugar shopping list
- 2 large oranges, zest of both and juice of 1 orange shopping list
- 4 tbsp cornflour shopping list
- 850g/1and half lb full-fat soft cream cheese shopping list
- 3 medium eggs shopping list
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out shopping list
- 375ml/13fl oz double cream, plus extra to serve shopping list
- 345g/12oz dark chocolate pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180c / 350f / gas 4
- Grease a 23cm / 9in spring-form cake tin
- Cut a circle from the sponge flan case to fit the base of the tin, then slice this circle in half across the middle to make two thin sliced discs. use one of these to line the cake tin-the other disc can be used in another dish.
- drizzle the sponge with one tablespoon of the orange liqueur.
- Mix together the sugar, orange zest and juice and cornflour in a bowl using a wooden spoon,
- Use a electric hand whisk to beat in the cream cheese.
- Crack in the eggs one by one, beating constantly until all the eggs are well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla seeds and the remaining two tablespoons of orange liqueur to the mixture and mix well.
- Add the cream and beat well until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour a third of the mixture over the sponge base in the cake tin.
- Sprinkle over a third of the chocolate pieces and smooth over with a palette knife. Repeat twice more with the remaining cheese cake mixture and chocolate pieces.
- Place the tin into a baking tray with 2-3mm of warm water-this helps to create steam during cooking. Transfer to the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool and set completely before moving from the tin.
- To serve cut into wedges and serve with a drizzle of cream
The Cookvivian Stoke-on-Trent, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!