Chocolate dipped cherry hazelnut biscottiFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups hazelnuts (about 9 ounces), toasted, husked, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups dried tart cherries (about 8 1/2 ounces) shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet shopping list
- chocolate, chopped shopping list
- unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
How to make it
- Position 1 rack in center and 1 rack in top third of oven and preheat to 325° F.
- Using handheld electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in very large bowl until well blended.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time just until blended.
- Mix in orange peel, baking soda and salt.
- Add 3 cups flour, hazelnuts and dried cherries; stir until well blended.
- Add 3 cups flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring until well incorporated.
- Transfer dough to floured work surface. Divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Knead each piece until dough holds together well.
- Form each piece into 9-inch-long by 3-inch-wide log.
- Place 2 logs on each of 2 large ungreased baking sheets, spacing about 3 inches apart (logs will spread during baking).
- Bake until logs are golden and feel firm when tops are gently pressed, switching and rotating baking sheets halfway through baking, about 55 minutes.
- Cool logs on baking sheets 15 minutes.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Using long wide spatula, transfer logs to cutting board.
- Using serrated knife, cut warm logs crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange slices cut side down on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake biscotti 10 minutes. Turn biscotti over; bake until light golden, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer to racks and cool completely.
- Stir chocolate in large bowl set over saucepan of boiling water until melted and smooth. Remove from over water.
- Dip 1 cut side of each biscotti into melted chocolate to about 1/4-inch depth. Gently shake off excess chocolate.
- Place biscotti, chocolate side up, on baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
- Dip pastry brush in cocoa, then lightly brush cocoa over chocolate on each biscotti.
- Can be made ahead.
- Store in airtight containers up to 4 days, or wrap in foil and freeze in resealable plastic bags up to 3 weeks.)
- Makes about 5 dozen.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
Biscotti is one of my all-time favorite cookies and I love this recipe.
I wonder if there is a biscotti group?greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Another great one my friend...I love Biscotti.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!