Beef - Rice CreoleFrom leesac 7 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 T flour shopping list
- 2 t salt shopping list
- 1/2 medium bell pepper (about 1/2 a cup) shopping list
- 1 small onion ( about 1/4 cup) shopping list
- 2 T snipped parsley (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 t pepper shopping list
- 1/2 red pepper sauce (optional) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (or crushed) shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- Dash of ground thyme shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of water shopping list
- 1 8 ounce can whole tomatoes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice shopping list
How to make it
- Cook and stir the ground beef in at least a 10" skillet until lightly brown then drain. Sprinkle beef with flour and salt. Stir in all ingredients except water, tomatoes and rice. Cook and stir over low heat until oinion is tender (about 5 mins).
- Stir in the water and tomatoes (with liquid) into the beef mixture, break up the tomatoes with fork. Heat to boiling then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 mins. Stir in rice and remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 mins.
- The prep and cook time I'm not too sure about because I didnt time it but honestly, it takes no time at all. It's quick and easy to do!