Filipino Chicken CurryFrom jencathen 5 years ago
- About 2 lb chicken, cubed 2" or you can even uncut up pieces like thighs or breasts. Having it on the bone while it cooks gives the curry a nice flavor. shopping list
- Vegetable oil- Enough to coat the bottom of 12" skillet shopping list
- About 1 1/2 lb New potatoes- Scrubbed clean. 2" pieces shopping list
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1-2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 -2 cans of coconut milk- Start with 1 and if not enough to cover chicken add another can. shopping list
- 2 tbsp curry powder shopping list
- Red Chile Flakes- to taste shopping list
- salt and Pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 small 10 oz package of peas. Thaw under water. (Optional) This is my addition to the recipe because of trying to get my kids to eat more veggies. shopping list
How to make it
- In in a 12" skillet heat heat vegetable oil. Sauté onion and garlic.
- Add chicken and lightly brown. Don't cook through.
- Add potatoes to pan.
- Pour in coconut milk.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Add red bell pepper and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add curry powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper and peas if using and cook for another minute if you are using peas. I
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating3 people
Do you use regular yellow curry powder, or do you use a different curry - there are so many different types! I can't wait to try this...it sounds SO good!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Oh Jen, now you got me hankering for this bad! Thank you!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I can't wait to try this for tomorrow's lunch!loks in loved it