Mac CheeseFrom cherriepie 6 years ago
- 50g butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese shopping list
- 1/2 grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 200 - 250g pasta shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large rashes of bacon shopping list
- 1 handful chopped parsley shopping list
- breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water for pasta.
- Heat oil in frying pan for bacon.
- In a separate saucepan melt the butter. Then add the flour & mustard powder. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Add milk 1/2 cup at a time continuously mixing. Whisk out any lumps. Add Tasty cheese to pan and turn off heat. Leave cheese to melt.
- Cook pasta in water once boiled. Drain when cooked.
- Fry cubed bacon.
- Combine pasta, sauce, bacon & most of the parsley in an oven proof dish. Mix well. Top with Cheddar cheese & breadcrumbs.
- Bake in oven for 10 - 15 minutes; until top is golden brown.
- Serve with remaining parsley, good bread, and a coke and a smile.
The Cookcherriepie Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!