Ginger Fried ChickenFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces shopping list
- 1/4 c. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c. sake shopping list
- 2 t. peeled fresh minced ginger root (I use more!) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/3 c. flour shopping list
- 1/3 c. cornstarch (or you can use 2/3 c. cornstarch and NO flour to make this gluten free) shopping list
- 1/2 t. ginger powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. granulated garlic shopping list
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a zip top bag, mix soy cause, sake, ginger and garlic. Add chicken, squeeze all the air out of the bag and let chicken marinate for at least an hour, but even better 4 hours.
- In separate plastic bag, combine flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper, ginger powder, granulated garlic, and cayenne. Take chicken out of marinade. Shake chicken pieces in dry mixture and shake off excess. Place the chicken on a rack to dry for 20 minutes.
- In large, deep skillet, heat enough oil to come halfway up sides of chicken. Fry until golden brown on both sides.