Hot Sweet And Sour Shrimp SoupFrom deigirl 6 years ago
- • 4 ounces thin egg noodles shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- • 1/2 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms shopping list
- • 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- • 1 large tomato, cut into wedges shopping list
- • 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks shopping list
- • 1 stalk celery, sliced shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- • 3 cups fat-free chicken broth shopping list
- • 3 cups water shopping list
- • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons light soy sauce shopping list
- • 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- • 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- • 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- • 1 green onion, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic in oil just until soft. Stir in tomato, pineapple, celery and sugar and cook until tomatoes begin to soften. Stir in chicken broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in lime juice and soy sauce; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and red pepper and simmer 3 minutes more, until shrimp are pink. Stir in bean sprouts, onion and reserved noodles. Heat through and serve.
The Cookdeigirl Paulden, AZ
The Rating3 people
Mmmm -- I have a hot and sour recipe that I've always enjoyed, but the pineapple and shrimp really take this one to new heights! I can hardly wait for soup weather to return!waterlily in Joplin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!