Chinese Chicken With Green BeansFrom c2max 6 years ago
- 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, very thinly sliced 1/8-inch thick (I use mixed dark and white boneless meat) shopping list
- 6-7 tsp soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 tsp Asian spice blend (see below) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp (found in Asian markets – optional but they are yum) shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot water shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed, cut into 3-inch pcs shopping list
- 1 TBS minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cashews (can leave out) shopping list
- 2 TBS hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil (don't leave this out!) shopping list
- 1 TBS lightly toasted white sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp srirachi (roasted garlic-red pepper puree) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- Chopped green onions for garnish shopping list
- Asian spice Blend: shopping list
- 1 TBS 5-spice powder shopping list
- 1 TBS salt shopping list
- 1 TBS sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cayenne (told ya it wasn't for the faint hearted!) shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, 4 1/2 tsp of the soy sauce, and Asian spice blend. Toss to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the shrimp and water. Let sit for 15 minutes. Drain and roughly chop. In a large wok or sauté pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the beans and shallow fry until wrinkled, stirring, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Remove all but 1 TBS of the oil and add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 10 seconds.
- Add the chicken and stirring constantly, cook until brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chopped shrimp, greens beans, cashews, hoisin, and last 3 tsp of soy sauce, sesame seeds, srirachi, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Stir to coat, and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately, garnished with green onions.
- ** Picture listed is without the cashews
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookc2max Naperville, IL
The Rating5 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Awesome.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
this is a great recipe, i make it at least every two weeks. my husband requests it, its excellent with white jasmine rice!!artist4rags in Anaheim loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!