Vegan Eggs BenedictFrom veryvegan 6 years ago
- 1 lb firm tofu shopping list
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 c olive oil shopping list
- 2 English muffins (Wonder bread are, in fact, vegan) shopping list
- 4 slices of veggie bacon shopping list
- sliced tomato shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 c water shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 tsp Braggs or soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Drain tofu and cut into 8 slices.
- In small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil and salt. Arrange tofu in a 6 X 9 baking dish.
- Pour oil mix over top. Marinate for 15-30 minutes. Make sure each side gets marinated.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy brown. Drain excess liquid for the last few minutes of baking if it's not getting very brown.
- For sauce, whisk yeast, flour, and salt. Add water, oil and Braggs/soy sauce and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens. Stir in mustard and simmer over low heat until ready to serve.
- Toast the muffins. On each slice of muffin, place 1 piece of bacon, 2 tofu pieces, tomato slice and cover with sauce.