GEMS FREEDOM FRIESFrom tnacndn 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 475 °.
- Peel potatoes, and cut into long strips about 1/2 inch wide.
- Wash and dry strips thoroughly on paper towels.
- Toss in a bowl with oil as if making a salad.
- When strips are thoroughly coated with the oil, spread them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Turn strips periodically to brown on all sides.
- If a crispier, browner potato is desired, run under broiler for a minute or two.
- Sprinkle with salt before serving.
The Cooktnacndn Jasper, TN
The Rating3 people
I love both the taste and the name of these fries!!butterflybisnotch in Chattanooga loved it
Just as easy and much healthier than the frozen stuff! I like to add salt during the tossing. And because I'm lazy, 1) I bake on a foil-lined sheet (which I use several times) to minimize cleanup, and 2) I don't turn each piece, I just shake the pan ...moreunswissmiss in Basel loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
I Like Food83 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Original Recipes143 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
Seasonally Summer70 members
Family Favourites134 members
Pass Down Recipes313 members
We Love It But134 members