Spinach And Sausage Stuffed MushroomsFrom c2max 5 years ago
- 1 package(12 oz.)Stouffer’s Classic Dishes spinach Soufflé, thawed shopping list
- 2 TBS. butter shopping list
- 3 TBS. chopped green onion shopping list
- 2/3 C white wine (can sub broth or water if you wish) shopping list
- 2 C herb seasoned stuffing (not crouton style) shopping list
- ½ LB. bulk Italian sausage; cooked, drained and crumbled (regular breakfast sausage or chicken sausage (trader joe's) works ok too) shopping list
- ¼ C shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- ¼ C grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish shopping list
- 2 ½ LBS. large, whole white mushrooms, stems removed shopping list
How to make it
- Microwave mushroom caps on large plate on HIGH until softened – about 3 minutes. (You may have to do this in batches – but overall, it saves time and the mushrooms aren’t quite so bite-y).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan; add green onion and cook until wilted. Add water; heat to boiling. Remove pan from heat. Add herb-seasoned stuffing; stir until moistened. Stir in Spinach Soufflé, cooked sausage, swiss cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet; fill with spinach mixture, mounding slightly. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- BAKE in preheated 400° oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese and mushrooms are lightly browned.