Spinach And Basil Pesto Pasta SaladFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted and mashed shopping list
- 1 pound fusilli - I use gluten-free fusilli shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed shopping list
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, lots! shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated shopping list
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, NOT salad dressing! shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain, toss with 1 T. olive oil and cool while making dressing.
- In bowl of food processor, combine nuts, garlic, basil, spinach, pepper, cayenne, lemon juice, and remaining oil. Process until smooth and creamy. Add parmesan, warm water and mayo, whirl until well combined. Toss pasta and sauce. Serve warm or chilled.
- NOTE: This is gluten-free when you use gf pasta.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
Wonderful!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
This sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
wow tasty thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it