vegetarian stuffed cabbageFrom rcragun 5 years ago
- 1 large head green cabbage shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 cup minced onion shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, minced shopping list
- 1 small carrot, diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup minced cashews shopping list
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds shopping list
- 1 dash salt and black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 cans cream of mushroom shopping list
- 1 small tart apple, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large kettle full of water to boiling. Core the head of cabbage, and carefully lower it into the water. Turn the heat down to a simmer and leave the cabbage in the water for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the outer leaves can be removed easily. Retrieve the cabbage from the water, and pull off the 12 outermost leaves. Make sure the cabbage is cooked well
- enough so the leaves will not break when rolled, but not so well done that they disintegrate.
- Set aside the 12 leaves (and try to find something else to use the rest of the cabbage for). Melt the butter in a medium-sized skillet and add the onion, garlic, celery, and carrot. Sauté over medium heat for about 10 minutes, then add nuts, seeds, salt, and pepper. When the vegetables are tender, remove from heat.
- Place the cream of mushroom in a medium-large bowl. Add the sauté, plus the apple, raisins, lemon juice, soy sauce, and honey. mix well, and taste to adjust seasonings. Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- Place 3 to 4 tbs. filling near the base of each cabbage leaf. Roll firmly, folding in the sides. Arrange the cabbage rolls in an oblong baking pan and bake covered until heated through - about 30 minutes.
The Cookrcragun Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!