Traditional Mexican RiceFrom mommardz 7 years ago
- 1 TBS Knorr chicken flavored bioullien shopping list
- 1 TBS Comino shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove shopping list
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 large pinch of cilantro shopping list
- 1 Cup rice(cheap white rice from the store works) shopping list
- 2 1/4 Cups water shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- Chop your garlic very fine first before doing anything else!!If you wait until after you start your rice you have a higher chance of burning your rice.
- Next drizzle pan with cooking oil, preferably a cast iron pan, pour your rice in and toast it to a golden brown color. Just use enough oil to coat your rice and keep it from sticking.
- After your rice is done browning add your water, tomato sauce,cilantro,garlic, and spices. Mix together in pan and cover.
- I prefer covering with aluminum foil... probably 'cause all my pans are missing lids. When it comes to a boil lower it to 3 or so. Let it cook for about 10 minutes or so and it's done!!
The Cookmommardz Edinburg, TX
The Rating6 people
wow grat recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Looks great!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Yep... this is the real stuff... Great the way you explained how to do it! We have this so often.linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!