Nutty Asparagus CasseroleFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 60 ounces canned cut asparagus drained with liquid reserved shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese grated shopping list
- 2 ounce jar sliced pimientos drained shopping list
- 30 buttery crackers shopping list
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven then place drained asparagus in rectangular baking dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan then blend in flour.
- Gradually stir in half the reserved asparagus liquid.
- Bring sauce to a boil stir constantly until thickened then season with salt and pepper.
- Add cheese, pimientos and remaining asparagus liquid then pour sauce over asparagus.
- Mix lightly and carefully then sprinkle with cracker crumbs and almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.