Veal CasseroleFrom auntybea 5 years ago
- 8 veal chops shopping list
- 2 onions shopping list
- 4 oz pancetta shopping list
- 2 oz. mushrooms shopping list
- 1 bulb fennel shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 oz. butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 chicken stock cube shopping list
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp. water, extra shopping list
How to make it
- Remove any fat and gristle from chops. Peel onions, cut into quarters; cut pancetta into small pieces; cut fennel into slices; slice mushrooms.
- Melt butter in pan, add chops and brown well on both sides; remove from pan and place in ovenproof dish in one layer. Add to pan onions, crushed garlic, fennel, pancetta and mushrooms, cook 2 minutes. Add wine, water, crumbled stock cube and tomato paste, bring to boil, remove from heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour vegetable mixture over chops, cover and bake in moderate oven 45 minutes or until chops are tender. Remove chops and keep warm. Pour sauce and vegetables into saucepan; combine flour and extra water, pour into sauce, stir until boiling. Pour over chops.