Whole Wheat Quinoa and Tomato BunsFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 3 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3/4-1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa (about 1/4 cup dry) shopping list
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast shopping list
- 1 tbsp flavourful olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups vegetable juice (V8) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375, lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, oregano, pepper flakes, quinoa and nutritional yeast in a large bowl.
- Add in olive oil, honey, and V8.
- Beat until very well blended, adding a touch of flour or juice as necessary (you want a slightly sticky and soft but workable dough).
- Flour a kneading surface and turn out.
- Knead about 10 minutes, until fairly smooth.
- Allow to rest about 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 buns (for hamburger-size) or 12 (for dinner rolls), roll into balls and place on the cookie sheets spaced about 2" apart.
- Score the top of each bun 1-2 times.
- Bake 25 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
This sounds fabulous! I love finding different uses for quinoa. Thanks, jo jo!waterlily in Joplin loved it
Health Food Junkies422 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables383 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members