Vegetarian HamFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 2 ounces (3 sheets) dried bean curd shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds shopping list
- 1/2 star anise shopping list
- 2 whole cloves, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns, crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Soak bean curd in water to cover about 1/2 hour until soft. Mix together remaining ingredients, then marinate the softened bean curd sheets in this mixture about 2 hours.
- Select the largest and smoothest sheet and lay it on a flat surface.
- Place the remaining sheets on it evenly, so that when rolled it will form a cylinder of regular dimensions.
- Roll it up VERY tightly. Place it on a single piece of cheesecloth or old sheet and roll it up with the cloth overhanging at both ends.
- Tie the bundle like a toy firecracker at both ends where the bean curd ends.
- Place in a steamer and steam about 1 hour. (Check to make sure the water does not boil away.)
- Cool the roll and unwrap it.
- Cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Serve cold.
- Makes 1 appetizer roll
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!