Beef StroganoffFrom msbooch75 8 years ago
- 1 # sirloin steak 1/4 to 1/2 thick shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 # fresh mushrooms - sliced shopping list
- 1 med onion - chopped shopping list
- 1 can 10 1/2oz beef broth (2cups) shopping list
- 1 sm clove garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 c sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Cut sirloin in strips 1 1/2 x 1/2. set aside
- Melt butter and add mushrooms and onions.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender. Set aside.
- Toss meat strips in flour and brown in 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Add salt, broth, garlic to meat.
- Simmer until tender. (1/2 hour for sirloin, more if round steak)
- Add mushrooms and onions to meat mixture.
- Heat until boiling for 1 minute.
- (If need be, add more beef broth to meat mixture for a nice gravy ).
- Stir in sour cream to heat and serve over rice or noodles.