Debis pad thaiFrom rcragun 8 years ago
- 8 ounces rice noodles (or other asian noodles) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-wide matchsticks shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 4 ounces whole snow peas, trimmed shopping list
- 4 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/4-inch-wide match sticks shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted cashews, chopped shopping list
- 4 whole scallions, trimmed and chopped shopping list
- 2 ounces bean sprouts shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over medium high heat. Place the noodles in boiling water and cook until al dente, 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a large wok or skillet heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the bell pepper and garlic; stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, snow peas, and tofu and stir-fry for 4 minutes more.
- Stir in the soy sauce and lime juice and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Fold in the cooked noodles and cilantro. Spoon the noodle mixture onto warm plates and arrange the cashews, scallions, and bean sprouts around the edge of the noodles.