Weight Watchers Maple Frosted Carrot CakeFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar or Splenda (using Splenda reduced the calories even more!) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 2 tbsp. canola oil shopping list
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained, 1/4 cup of the liquid reserved shopping list
- 2 carrots, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 4 ounces light cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray an 8" square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Sift t6he flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl.
- Combine the granulated sugar, egg, egg white and oil in a large bowl and stir until blended. Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in the pineapple and reserved liquid, carrots and raisins. Scrape the batter into the pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on the rack.
- Beat the cream cheese, confections' sugar and maple syrup in a medium bowl just until blended and smooth. Spread on top of the cooled cake. Cut into 12 squares.
- Serving = 1 piece = 175 calories, 5 g fat = 4 points.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!