Minestrone SoupFrom carrieann 7 years ago
- 1/4 C olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/8 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1-1/3 C coarsely chopped onion shopping list
- 1-1/2 C coarsely chopped celery and leaves shopping list
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 C sliced carrots, fresh or frozen shopping list
- 4-3/4 C shredded cabbage shopping list
- 1 can (1 lb) tomatoes, cut up shopping list
- 1 C canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (other beans will work well too, this time we are using canellini beans shopping list
- 1-1/2 C frozen peas (optional since we don’t like them) shopping list
- 1-1/2 C fresh green beans shopping list
- dash hot sauce shopping list
- 11 C water shopping list
- 2 C uncooked, broken spaghetti (or other pasta, this time we used elbow macaroni) different noodles may take different amounts of time to cook in the soup so keep an eye on it. shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan.
- 2.Add garlic, onion, and celery and sauté about 5 minutes.
- 3.Add all remaining ingredients except spaghetti, and stir until ingredients are well mixed.
- 4.Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5.Add uncooked spaghetti and simmer 2-3 minutes only.