Dutch Apple Loaf CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- 60 minutes of prep includes apples sitting but one can let apples sit only 30 minutes if desired
- Slice apples into a large bowl and mix with the cinnamon and sugar and let sit 1 hour.
- Cream butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour salt and baking powder.
- Place batter into a greased and flour 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Push apple slices into batter, close to each other.
- Bake 300F a out 1 hour and 30 minutes or tested done or one can also bake 350 about 45 minutes and then 325 to finish baking about 15 to 20 minutes more until wooden tooth pick inserted in center came out clean with some crumbs
- Drizzle with a powder sugar icing if desired.
- Freezes well and doubles well