Orange Bourbon Glaze For Strip SteaksFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2, 14 oz NY strip steaks seasoned with Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, rub with some oil and let chill 1 hour, remove 15 minutes before grilling shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 2 shallots diced shopping list
- 2 tbs butter divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup bourbon shopping list
- 1 seedless navel orange segmented shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- Grill seasoned steaks as desired and then drizzle glaze over steaks
- For glaze:
- Saute shallots in 1 Tbs butter until caramelized.
- Whisk in oranges, bourbon, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, add beef broth and cook and simmer till a sauce like consistency about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Whisk in remaining butter.
- Drizzle over steaks