Shrimp And Bacon KabobsFrom littlesponger 8 years ago
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 1 lb bacon, cut into 2" lenths. shopping list
- 1 pack fresh mushrooms, stemmed shopping list
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 large onion wedges shopping list
- 1 large zucchini wedges shopping list
- 1 green pepper wedges shopping list
- 1 orange pepper wedges shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oil or peanut oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspon powered ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 teapoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine sherry, soy sauce, oil, ginger, lemon zest and garlic.
- Sprinkl a little lemon juice over washed shrimp (48 large shrimps).
- Place shrimps in bowl and marinade with sauce and chill 30-40 min.
- Soak 16 (12"long) wooden skewers in water for 30 min.
- Fry the bacons half way, each side about 40-50 sec.
- Cut the bacon 2" long, prepare 48 pieces of bacons.
- Remove shrimps from the bowl; discard liquid.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
- On the skewers, thread shrimp with vegetables, bacon alternately.
- Grill on BBQ over medium heat, turning frequently until shrimp are done (about 6-8 mins)
- Serve 2 skewers on white seamed rice each.