SPICY MIDDLE EASTERN PASTA AND CHICKPEA CASSEROLEFrom inmaculada 6 years ago
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, minced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro OR 1 Tbsp dried shopping list
- 1 small hot pepper, minced OR 1 tsp ground cayenne shopping list
- 2 cups fresh or canned tomatoes, chopped with the juice or canning liquid shopping list
- 2 cups well-cooked chickpeas shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups raw macaroni or small shell pasta (wholewheat is fine) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onions and garlic over medium heat until they begin to brown.
- Stir in the cilantro and hot pepper and saute a few minutes more.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, mix well, and scoop into a 2 qt. oiled casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Adapted from "Arab Cooking on a Saskatchewan Homestead: Recipes and Recollections" by Habeeb Salloum.
- So easy and so yummy.....
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating5 people
wow this is great i like spicy things havent had much chick peas tho but this really looks fantastic thanks and your pictures are beautiful too..........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This is GREAT! I LOVE all the ingredients and can hardly wait to prepare it. Thank you for sharing this great recipe!!!lor in Toronto loved it
What a wonderful vegetarian recipe. Thanks so much.blondeberry in Charleston loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food141 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Anything Goes286 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers185 members
Companys Coming115 members