Chocolate Fudge Pound CakeFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 c. sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 3 tbsp. brandy or water shopping list
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/4 c. buttermilk shopping list
- chocolate glaze, OPTIONAL: shopping list
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 6 tbsp. (3/4 stick) butter shopping list
- 2 tsp. light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp. water shopping list
How to make it
- Heavily grease a 12 cup Bundt pan; set aside. Preheat oven
- to 350 degrees.
- To make the cake, place chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water or in a microwave; stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in chocolate, vanilla and brandy or water. In a small bowl stir together flour, salt and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, alternately add flour in fourths and buttermilk in thirds,
- beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to rack and cool 10 minutes. Invert to remove from pan and cool 20
- minutes before frosting.
- Meanwhile make Chocolate Glaze, if desired, by melting
- chocolate and butter in a small saucepan or microwave.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup and water. If too
- thin, let sit until it thickens slightly. Pour warm glaze
- over top of cake, allowing it to drop down the sides. If
- the glaze is too thick, reheat slightly. Let cake sit
- several hours before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating8 people
yes mam this is good thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm chocolaty good!!!lor in Toronto loved it
Yum! Can't wait to try this one! :)
~Melbakermel in Topeka loved it