Vegan Chocolate CupcakesFrom infiltrators 5 years ago
- 1 cup soymilk/rice milk (original recipe calls for soy, but I used rice) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, chocolate extract, or more vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-processed or regular shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk together the milk and vinegar in a large bowl, set aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- Add the sugar, oil, and extract(s), and beat until foamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in two batches to wet ingredients and beat until no large lumps remain.
- Pour into liners, filling 3/4 of the way.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Try not to eat half the batch in one sitting.
- Tell your husband that going for seconds indeed means he can't tell they're vegan.