Pork Chops Over StuffingFrom bobbijo 6 years ago
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread (1/2-in. cubes) shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. rubbed sage shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops shopping list
- salt and pepper, to season chops shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Add , water, sage, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Pour over bread and toss.
- Spoon stuffing into 8 mounds in a greased 13x9x2-in. baking dish.
- Place a pork chop over each mound.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each chop.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
- TIMESAVER: I will cube the bread the night before and also chop the onions and celery and put them into a bowl in the fridge until the next day. Saves alot of time. There are times I will also omit the bouillon granules and water and use chicken broth instead. Once again just experiment to your taste!