Blueberry Brunch BakeFrom auntybea 5 years ago
- 1 1 lb. loaf day old French bread, cut into 1/2 " cubes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries (If using frozen, do not thaw before adding to batter) shopping list
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup maple syrup shopping list
- Additional blueberries, optional shopping list
- Additional maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased hallow 3 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, yogurt, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually add milk and 1/3 cup syrup until blended. Pour half over the bread. Top with the remaining bread and cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with additional blueberries if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with syrup.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating8 people
oh my!! does this ever sound good never had it before but i'll bet its very good thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I wish I had this recipe last weekend when I had fresh blueberries! I will save this one!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I've got weekend guests coming in a couple of weeks...this will be perfect!!! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!