Ground Beef Patties With Cheese SauceFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 Ibs. very lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 salt tsp. shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- Cheese Sauce: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp. dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced Swiss or cheddar cheese, about 1/4 Ib. shopping list
- 1 small fresh tomato, chopped shopping list
- For garnish: shopping list
- 4 slices mild cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 slices fresh tomato shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.F
- Mix ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, parsley and eggs. Divide into four parts. Shape each into a ball; flatten slightly.
- Place into baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 min. or until meat is done to your liking.
- While meat bakes, prepare sauce. Melt butter in small pan; add flour. Over high heat, stir in milk, heat to boiling and whisk until
- thickened. Stir in mustard, salt and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Add tomato.
- Pour sauce over cooked meat patties. Top with a slice of cheese
- and a slice of tomato. Return to oven just long enough to heat the tomato and melt the cheese, 3 to 5 min.
- Serve immediately