Banoffi Pie - Banana Cream PieFrom chacha 7 years ago
- Pastry Dough: shopping list
- 1 cup ground almonds, lightly toasted shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- zest of one lemon shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- dash ground cloves shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 whole egg shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. brandy shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 bananas shopping list
- 1 tin condensed milk shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. rum or brandy shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- chocolate shavings or cocoa powder, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Pastry Dough:
- Blend together almonds, flour, sugar, zest and spices.
- Cut in butter until the texture of coarse meal.
- Stir together yolk, egg and brandy and blend into dough until it just comes together.
- Shape dough into a disc, wrap in clear wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to just greater than 1/4-inch thick.
- Line a 10-inch tart shell with pastry, trim edges and chill 15 minutes.
- Dock pastry with a fork and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Slice bananas and arrange in bottom of tart shell.
- Stir together condensed milk and brown sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Have ready remaining ingredients.
- Whisking constantly over medium heat, cook condensed milk until it thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in whipping cream, rum, vanilla and butter.
- Pour over bananas in tart and spread evenly.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Whip whipping cream with sugar to soft peaks.
- Spread whipped cream topping on top of tart.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings or a dusting of cocoa powder for garnish if you desire.
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating5 people
I am a true fan of banana cream pie and this pie sounds amazing. Thanks so much for posting it ChaCha. How can I not give you 5 forks???lor in Toronto loved it
Oh, this sounds so good!!! I love banana cream pie, banana pudding, banana anything!!!gardenladyzoe in Snyder loved it
Yahooooo, that's good!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it