Cuban Mojo MarinadeFrom vainwi 6 years ago
- 2 Tbls olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin seed shopping list
- 1 head garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1 large onion, peeled and halved shopping list
- 1/2 bunch cilantro shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup lime juice shopping list
- 1 Tbls distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat saucepan on medium heat, add 2 T olive oil, then cumin seed. Toast cumin seed until browned and fragrant, stir often to keep from burning. Pour cumin and oil into food processor bowl.
- Add next 6 ingredients to food processor bowl. Pulse until well blended and onion, garlic and cilantro are chopped finely.
- Heat balance of olive oil in saucepan on medium heat. Add marinade ingredients - carefully - to hot pan and saute for 4 minutes.
- Let cool, then transfer back into the food processor bowl. Pulse a couple of times to reincorporate the oil into the marinade.
- Use to marinate chicken, shrimp, tofu, pretty much anything..
The Cookvainwi Milwaukee, WI
The Rating2 people
This sounds perfect! I have been looking for a mojito sauce ever since I had a cuban chicken sandwich with this on it. Delicious.gapeach55 in Covington loved it