Berry Cream Filled CookiesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped shopping list
- 1 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional shopping list
- BATTER: shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries shopping list
- Additional sugar shopping list
How to make it
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and jam until blended.
- Fold in whipped cream and food coloring if desired.
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, egg whites, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Whisk in butter until blended.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Preparing four cookies at a time, drop batter by 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls 4 in. apart onto prepared pan.
- Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately remove one cookie at a time from parchment and form into a tube around a greased clean round wooden clothespin.
- Press lightly to seal; hold until set, about 20 seconds. Remove cookie from clothespin; place on waxed paper to cool.
- Continue with remaining cookies.
- If cookies become too cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Just before serving, pipe or spoon filling into cookie shells.
- Dip end of cookie into strawberries and additional sugar.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: about 2 dozen.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
berry good, berry good! Thanks for sharing!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Awesome!!! Great idealiezel in Bloemfontein loved it
Yummy, yummy, yummy. Pretty and decadent sounding. My kind of cookie. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!