White ChiliFrom santos63 5 years ago
- 4 c. cooked cubed chicken (can be from a broiled chicken from Sam's Club) shopping list
- 3/4 c onion shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/4 t pepper of choice shopping list
- 3 cans white beans (great northern) shopping list
- 2 cans chopped green chilis shopping list
- 2 t. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 t. oregano shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1-2 Lg cans of chicken broth (Use according to how thick you like your soups) shopping list
- The following ingredients are used for garnishing the soup. Use: shopping list
- a handful of crunched corn chips shopping list
- 1 Tbls. salsa shopping list
- 1 Tbls. sour cream shopping list
- 2 Tbls. monterey jack cheese shopping list
- For a little extra southwestern flavor, may add the juice of 1/2 lime to a bowl of soup. shopping list
How to make it
- Put following ingredients in a large pot to cook on medium heat:
- Broth, cumin, oregano, pepper
- Chop the onion, add to pot
- Mince garlic, add to pot
- add chilis, chicken, and beans
- Cook mixture.
- Add salt to taste.
- Adjust heat to get the desired thickness of soup.
- Do not overcook, beans will get mushy.
- When done, add desired garnishes that are listed.
The Cooksantos63 Yuma, AZ
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!