Cabbage and PotatoesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cut cabbage in half and soak in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Agitate and drain well then shred.
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet then add diced potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add 2 chopped onions and cook until transparent about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and toss well with two wooden spoons.
- When cabbage starts to wilt add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add beer and vinegar then cover with lid slightly askew and simmer on low heat 45 minutes.