Greek style stuffed peppers Ellie KriegerFrom julesnc 5 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup quinoa or bulghur shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, cores and ribs removed shopping list
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans low-sodium stewed tomatoes, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the beef, spinach, zucchini, onion, quinoa/bulghur, egg, oregano, salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Arrange the pepper halves cut side up in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and fill each pepper half with the meat mixture. Pour the tomatoes over the peppers and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the meat mixture is completely cooked and the peppers are tender, about 25 minutes longer.
The Cookjulesnc Wake Forest, NC
The Rating3 people
I have a quinoa stuffed pepper recipe and this is a reminder that their are many versatile grains out there.
Thank you for posting this Greek Style Stuffed Peppers Ellie Krieger Recipe
Michaeltrigger in loved it
How cool - I use quinoa and bulgur a lot and love them both. These look and sound great - thanks! ~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!