Back Ribs in Pepper SauceFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 Ibs. pork loin ribs, back ribs or country style ribs ( You may substitute pork chops for the pork loin ribs.) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic or red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry, optional shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Trim excess fat from pork.
- Heat oil and garlic in heavy skillet. Add pork. Brown quickly over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low. Pour vinegar over. Simmer 20 minutes until meat is cooked through.
- Remove ribs from pan. Keep warm.
- Add the mustard and beef broth in pan. Bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk until mixture is boiled down to 4 tablespoons.
- Add the peppers, cream and sherry, if used. Boil until smooth and reduced to the consistency of a thin sauce.
- Return meat to the sauce. Cook until heated through. Lift ribs onto serving platter. Pour sauce over.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.