Churros with chocolate sauceFrom winkbee 8 years ago
- churros shopping list
- * 1 cup water shopping list
- * 2 Tbs brown sugar shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- * 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- * 1 cup white flour shopping list
- * 2 eggs shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- * 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- * 1/2 to 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, depending on taste shopping list
- chocolate sauce shopping list
- * 100g dark chocolate, broken into squares shopping list
- * 1/4 cup thickened cream shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon Kahlua, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat 1 1/2 to 2 inches of vegetable oil in a 10 to 12 inch frying pan to 375 degrees F. In a separate dish mix the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a 3 qt. sauce pan add the water, brown sugar, salt, and butter and heat to a good boil. Remove from the heat and add the flour. Stirring in the flour will take some muscle. Mix it in until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and vanilla together and then add this mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until well blended and all the egg is completely mixed in.
- Fill your decorating tool with the churro recipe dough and attach the largest star tip you have.
- Test your oil by placing a small amount of dough in it. The dough should bubble up right away or that means the oil is not hot enough and a soggy churro is on the way.
- Once the oil is hot enough, squeeze some dough (with decorator) into the oil about 4 inches long. I used my finger to release the dough from the decorator. Careful not to burn yourself.
- You should be able to cook 4 or 5 churros at a time. Cook them about 1 minute and turn them over with a slotted spoon. Cook an additional minute or two. You're looking for that nice golden brown color.
- Remove the churros with the slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-covered plate to absorb excess grease.
- While still warm, roll each churro into the dish with the sugar and cinnamon until coated.
- Chocolate Sauce
- Place chocolate and cream in a microwavesafe jug. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) power for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon or until smooth. Stir in Kahlua, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookwinkbee Melbourne, AU
The Rating5 people
wonderful recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
These sound like alot of fun! Thank you!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I love cinnamon and the chocolate sauce too - YUMjett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!