Guacamole with CrabmeatFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 3 large, ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced red onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomatoes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, shells and cartilage removed shopping list
- tortilla chips, for dipping shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, place all but 1/4 cup of the avocado pieces.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro,
- 1 teaspoon of the jalapeno, 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin, 1/4 teaspoon
- of the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and a pinch of cayenne, and
- mash with the back of a fork until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup of the onions and 1/4 cup of the tomatoes to the avocado mixture, and stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients with
- the crabmeat and gently toss to combine.
- Fold the crabmeat mixture into the mashed avocado mixture, stirring to combine, but being careful not to break up the crabmeat.
- Season to taste.
- Divide among 4 chilled Martini glasses and serve with tortilla chips.