Shredded beefFrom mrgresch 7 years ago
- 4 LB chuck roast shopping list
- 2 tsp Mexican cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ancho chili shopping list
- 1 tsp ground d'arbol chili shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots shopping list
- 3 cloves chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the onion powder, cumin, oregano, ancho and d'arbol and spread over both sides of roast. Heat 2 tbs olive oil ( medium heat) in a soup pot and add roast to brown. After 5 minutes turn roast over to brown the other side. Add the stock, vinegar, carrots, onion and garlic and put in the oven (covered) and bake for 90 minutes or until beef is fork tender. Remove from pan and put juices from pan through a fine colander to strain and reserve. pull meat apart to desired size, store in a container and pour over reserved liquid and refridgerate, the next day remove fat.
- I use this meat for tacos, nacho's, enchiladas, tostadas.
The Cookmrgresch Milwaukee, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!