Cuban MeatloafFrom dmanuelga 6 years ago
- 1 pound of ground beef shopping list
- 1 pound of ground turkey shopping list
- 2 cups bread crumbs (for crunchier texture, substitute corn flake crumbs) shopping list
- 2 eggs (use egg beaters for lower fat/cholesterol) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk (use skim milk for very different taste, but lower fat) shopping list
- 1 cup salsa shopping list
- oregano, cilantro and basil to taste shopping list
- saffron if you can afford it! shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded mexican combo or cheddar chees shopping list
How to make it
- Combine turkey, ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, onion, green pepper, spices, milk and 1/2 cup of the salsa
- Shape into loaf
- Bake in greased loaf pan or for crunchier outside, 8x8 pyware at 350 for 45 minutes.
- While this is cooking, prepare a "frosting" with sour cream, shredded cheese, and the remainder 1/2 cup of salsa
- After the initial 45 minutes, cover loaf with sour cream and let bake for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use low- or no-fat sour cream, skim milk, egg beaters and ground turkey for the entire meat base to create a really low-fat, low cholesterol dish.
The Cookdmanuelga Carolina
- Not added to any groups yet!