Black Bean SoupFrom jaeleepoms 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable (for vegetarian) stock shopping list
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- juice of one small lime (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, and carrots, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, 1 can of the beans, corn, and pepper; bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, puree together tomatoes and remaining can of beans; add to pot. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender. You can control the thickness by reducing or adding the amount of stock.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
The Rating7 people
This is very good. I've also made this thicker and served over rice with some pico de gallo and dollup of sour cream for garnish.bapatten in Mason loved it
Oh YUM!danadooley in Singapore loved it
I just made this. Quick, easy, healthy and most importantly delicious!loufancy in Woonsocket loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!