Ginger Cream ChickenFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 8 chicken breast halves without skin shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour - use gluten-free flour to make this gf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup Madeira shopping list
- 3/4 cup light cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Pound breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper until thin. Combine flour - regular or gf, ginger, salt & pepper in a bag. Add breats and coat. Shake off excess.
- Heat clarified butter and saute breasts until golden on each side, adding onions when chicken is turned. Remove to plate, set aside and keep warm.
- Add cornstarch to skillet and stir over low heat about 3 minutes. Blend in chicken broth, Madeira and cream and stir until thickened. Mix in 2 tablespoons ginger. Pour sauce over chicken breasts and garnish with remaining ginger.