Northwest SaladFrom jaeleepoms 7 years ago
- 1 package mixed greens shopping list
- ½ cup dried cranberries shopping list
- ½ cup gorgonzola or Bleu cheese crumbles shopping list
- ½ cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar (optional – see note below) shopping list
- ½ cup Granny Smith apple, chopped into large bite size pieces shopping list
- 2-3 cooked Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips shopping list
- balsamic vinaigrette (see recipe below) shopping list
How to make it
- Seaons chicken with some salt and pepper, bake in oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, or until done. In large bowl, toss together mixed greens, dried cranberries, Granny smith apple and enough balsamic vinaigrette to coat. Place onto individual dishes. Top with gorgonzola or bleu cheese crumbles, walnuts and chicken breast strips. Serve immediately or place back into refridgerator to chill until ready to serve.
- Note – you can make candied walnuts if desired by cooking sugar and walnuts together over medium heat until sugar dissolves into a light brown liquid and coats the walnuts. Remove walnuts from skillet, and spread them out on a sheet of aluminum foil to cool.
- Time Saver – use packaged precooked chicken breast strips and jarred balsamic vinaigrette (Paul Newman makes a nice one).
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar, or you can emulsify using food processor. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir in minced fresh herbs if desired.