Pepper Steak Stir FryFrom jaeleepoms 8 years ago
- 1 lb top round steak shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 cubes beef bouillon shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch-wide strips shopping list
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 6 cups hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef into thin strips for stir fry. Heat oil in wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef until brown. Stir in water, onion, and garlic. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes, adding bell peppers and mushrooms during last 5 minutes of simmering, until beef is tender and peppers are crisp-tender. Mix cornstarch and soy sauce; stir into beef mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Cut tomatoes into wedges and place on beef mixture. Cover and cook over low heat about 3 minutes or just until tomatoes are heated through. Serve over rice.
- Time Saver Tip – Get beef from the grocery store already presliced for stir fry. Get the onion, bell peppers and tomatoes from the salad bar at the grocery store.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
The Rating6 people
My fiance and I really liked this recipe! The only change I made was leaving out the mushrooms since he doesn't like them. Very easy and delicious! Than you for sharing, I will be making this again!KDub in Simi Valley loved it
Oh my yummy steak and peppers love a good stir fry like this.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
I love it! I made it last night.hungryman2 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!