Zarda Or Sweet PulaoFrom cholena 8 years ago
- 500 g rice presoaked shopping list
- 500 g sugar (or as per taste) shopping list
- ¼ tsp saffron shopping list
- 200 g ghee shopping list
- Dry fruit-raisins , pistachio , almonds shopping list
- 10-12 cloves shopping list
- 8-10 green cardamom shopping list
- 200 g Khoya or cream or ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Kewra essence ( screwpine/pandan essence ) shopping list
- To Garnish : shopping list
- 200 g small dumplings of multi coloured gulab jamuns shopping list
- Slivers of almonds . shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the rice for at least an hour. In pot add water till half full.
- Add Kewra essence , 3/4 of cardamom and cloves , saffron and boil .
- Add rice .
- When the rice is almost cooked then drain . ( do not over cook )
- Sprinkle some cold water on top for the rice to separate .
- Temper in a heavy bottom pan this well drained half cooked rice .
- Sprinkle the sugar. and khoya on top .
- Temper rest of the cloves and cardamom with ghee .
- Dum for 15 mins .
- Add the dry fruits on top .
- Mix and before removing from heat add kewra .
- Garnish and Serve .
The Cookcholena Food World, Sin
The Rating3 people
Wow, I have cooked Pilau rice before -- but not like this... thank you for the learning experience! I may be in contact with questions LOL
I hope you don't mind.
Again, thank you
shine in Rainier loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!