Bacon Avocado Tomato Grilled CheeseFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper shopping list
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) sourdough bread slices shopping list
- 4 avocados, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 (24-ounce) package thick-sliced bacon, cooked shopping list
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together first 5 ingredients, and spread mixture evenly on bread slices.
- Layer 6 bread slices evenly with avocado, bacon, and tomato; top with remaining bread slices.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook sandwiches, 2 at a time, until golden, turning once.